Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Animal Cruelty

It is recommended that you watch the video on this link before reading any further.

Animal Cruelty

Majority of the people would turn this video off after 2 minutes or perhaps even less. Granted, this video was extremely difficult to watch and I was tempted to close it. However, I reminded myself that it would be simply cowardly to avert my eyes from the supposed truth. No, I am not a vegetarian. Yes, I will still continue to eat meat. Why? Because even though this horrible video did question my moral conscience, I still came to my own conclusion of how things work.

The whole point of this post is to tell people that people need to face reality. Rather than looking away and pretend how some things didn't happen, people need to accept how things are. Which side you stand on is not as important as that you make a decision because only then will you truly know yourself. It is often easy to make characterizations and statements about yourself but not quite as easy when faced with a true obstacle that questions those judgements.

No comments: